Poppy Bank California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective: April 1, 2023
Last Updated: July 20, 2023
This notice is provided pursuant to the CCPA and explains how Poppy Bank collects, uses and discloses Personal Information (PI) of California residents.
CCPA is not applicable to Personal Information collected, used and disclosed by Poppy Bank when it is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). This notice is not applicable to Personal Information collection, use and disclosure activities involving Personal information subject to GLBA.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months Poppy Bank has collected and disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes:
• Date of birth
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Internet or other electronic network activity including IP address, browsing history and website interaction
In the past 12 months Poppy Bank has also collected and disclosed the following categories of Sensitive Personal Information for business purposes:
• Tax ID number, driver license, passport or ID card number
• Bank account number and other financial information
Poppy Bank collects Personal Information and Sensitive Personal information from a variety of sources including directly form you in the context of a credit or deposit application and from your devices when you visit www.poppy.bank or our social media webpages and profiles.
Poppy Bank collects Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for a range of purposes including the following:
• Validation and identification of our customers
• Communication with our customers
• Processing financial transactions
• Offering target marketing and personalizing advertising that may be of interest to our customers and potential customers
• Fraud prevention
• Legal Compliance
• Data Analysis
Poppy Bank collects Sensitive Personal Information exclusively for the purpose of performing the services reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those services and for the purpose of complying with any applicable laws and regulations.
Poppy Bank shares Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected with our service providers and vendors who provide services to support our business activities.
Poppy Bank has not sold Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected in the preceding 12 months to any third party.
Retention of Personal Information
Poppy Bank takes into account the following criteria when defining the duration for which your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information will be retained:
• We will retain your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for as long as we maintain a business relationship with you in order to be able to provide the contracted services.
• We will retain your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for as long as it is required by any applicable law or regulation.
• Additionally, we might retain your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information in connection to any relevant legal claim for the periods necessary to sustain those claims and in relation to any potential regulatory audits or investigations or any other relevant legal matter.
Your Rights as a California Resident
If you are a California resident you have the rights described below, with respect to the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information we have collected or disclosed about you as a consumer.
•Right to Know and Right to Request Information
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose or sell. You have the right to request information about the personal information we have collected about you within the last twelve months. You may request to know if we have collected, sold or shared with third parties for a business purpose the following information:
•The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
•The categories of sources of personal information we collected about you.
•Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you.
•The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
•The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about.
•Whether we have sold your personal information and if so the categories of personal information that each category of recipient purchased.
•Whether we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose and if so, the categories of personal information that each category of recipient received.
You may request this information no more than two times per year.
• Right to Request Correction
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
• Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Under certain circumstances we may be unable to delete your personal information, for example, to comply with legal obligations, or to complete a business transaction that you have requested.
You can exercise your rights by calling us at (888) 636-9994 or writing to us at:
438 First Street
Attention: Compliance Department
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Please identify which privacy right(s) you would like to exercise, include your name, address and a detailed description of your current or previous relationship with Poppy Bank.
You have the right to have someone you authorize make a request on your behalf. If this is the case, we might request proof of authorization.
Poppy Bank will process requests within 30 days.
Poppy Bank shall not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under CCPA described above, including, but not limited to, by:
• Denying goods or services to the consumer.
• Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
• Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer.
• Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to this policy may be made at any time. When changes are made, the revised Policy will be posted to poppy.bank and will include a new “Effective” date.
If you have questions regarding your rights under the CCPA, please call us at: (888) 636-9994.